Best English Newspaper In India :- What is happening with Indian news channels? All the media is busy showcasing the same rubbish on bad politics. Most of these news channels negatively portray the news.
The television media is not free anyone. The center government runs the media. If you ask me about what is is journalism.
My means to the term is the freedom to write or show the news as it was without adding any masala or your own views.
But Nowadays, the credibility of Indian news channels whether it is Hindi or English is doing their own journalism and very much biased. The television media works on the motto to derive TRP.
Best English Newspaper In India
1. The Hindu
The Hindu has its most extensive circulation base in southern India and is the most widely read English daily newspaper in Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Kerala, Telangana, Karnataka.
If you are interested in the political events happening in our country and the outside world too. The Hindu newspaper gives in-depth coverage of all this news.
The newspaper started weekly in September 1978 and eventually became a daily broadsheet newspaper. The Hindu is the best English dailies from south India.
Overall certified figures revealed by the Audit Bureau of Circulations states that it has a total circulation of 1.4 million copies since December 2009. The company employs more than 1,600 workers and had its gross income get to $40 million back in 2010.
Good About Newspaper
- The best thing about the newspaper I felt is that The Hindu newspaper is non-biased towards any religion, any section, any political party.
- Many institutes and Teachers suggest the newspaper to students for enhancing their vocabs.
- Compare the newspaper with ‘The Washington Post’ (online), and you will observe that The Hindu newspaper matches its quality with international newspapers.
- The newspapers have news filled with sections like hardcore politics and the news that would interest an IAS aspirant.
- If you are looking for a newspaper to increasing your vocab, then the Hindu newspaper will be an ideal option. You will find some tough/new words written in the articles that we don’t speak or read regularly.
- If you are switching to the Hindu newspaper, then be sure about the newspaper. You will not find any candy pics and news related to Bollywood(although hardly 1 or 2 news related to Bollywood is there on the last page).
- This newspaper’s major advantage is that fewer advertisements cover lots of local news, though they have solid national and international coverage with must-read editorial.
- The newspaper permits writers to criticize/oppose/show the other side, of a particular government policy or any other act.
- Frequently read by businessman, political analyst, and the students preparing for any competitive examination.
Undoubtedly, the Hindu newspaper is best. The best option to capture what is happening around.
I think The newspaper has a provision of not showcasing any “no non-sense news.” The approach they use to cover news is far better than many other English dailies.
- Headquarter– Chennai
- Editor– Mukund Padmanabhan
- Founder– G.Subramania lyr
- Publisher– N.Ram
Moving further with the list of the Best English Newspaper In India. The next queued in the list is the New Indian Express newspaper.
The name of the newspaper is changed to the New Indian Express. Currently, the Indian express is being distributed from 22 cities in India and largely from Southern India.
It is one of the oldest English Newspapers in India. The newspaper was founded in 1931 and is owned by the Indian Express Group.
It is one of the best and highest circulated Indian newspapers and owned by Indian Express Group.
The company has its head office in New Delhi, India. It distributes several widely circulated newspapers, including The Indian Express and The Financial Express in English, the Loksatta in Marathi, and the Jansatta in Hindi.
Good About Newspaper
- Pioneer newspaper to provide insurance benefits to its readers.
- It is Famous among the readers for its weekly entertainment magazine “Screen.” The magazine covers the latest news from Bollywood.
- Approx 5 lac copies are circulated all over India covering the relevant information of day-to-day happening in India.
- The newspaper covers all the major highlights around the world.
- The Indian Express has come together with The Economist to provides articles from the magazine too ( it would cost you a lot of money otherwise).
- The newspaper has a page titled ‘explained’ which explains in depth about the most famous issue in the country.
Indian express contains less number of Bollywood and entertainment news as compared to ToI.
The Indian Express – The newspaper has two faces of biasness. In south India, it’s title is The New Indian Express, and the readers claim the newspaper is Biased towards Congress’ central left ideology. South India’s The New Indian Express is generally biased towards BJP’s right-corporate ideology.
|Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
Popularly referred to as HT, Hindustan Times is the Leading Indian newspaper in English-language.
The newspaper history is linked with the independence campaign of India. It was published in 1924 by Sunder Singh Lyallpuri to support India’s freedom movement against British colonials.
Sunder Singh was also the founder of India’s Akali movement. The journey of the newspaper started from New Delhi before spreading its operations to different parts of India like Ranchi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Patna, Mumbai, and Chandigarh.
It is being owned by HT media and has been circulating more than one million copies daily. The newspaper has other publications to it like the Nandan, Mint, and Kadambani.
Good About Newspaper
- Best English Newspaper In India for the readers in the north region of the country.
- The newspaper delivers good content and has a standard like The Hindu newspaper.
- It contains advertisements but not more than ToI’s advertisement area.
Hindustan Times – As per the users, the newspaper is a little bit biased towards Congress’ central left ideology, even though it has broad coverage across the country.
- Headquarter– Kasturba Gandhi marg New Delhi, India
- Editor– Sukumar Ranganathan
The Statesman, a broadsheet English daily. It is among India’s earliest English papers.
The Statesman newspaper has its headquarters at Kolkata and started its own magazine back in 1875.
The Statesman is deemed to be among the most famous papers and is also one of the Asian News Network participants(ANN). The Asian News Network represents a team of reputed newspapers across Asia.
The Englishman (based in 1821) was united with The Statesman in 1934. The Delhi edition of The Statesman started publication in 1931.
The Statesman Weekly is a summary of knowledge and views from the Kolkata and Delhi editions. Printed on airmail paper, it is common with subscribers outside India.
This firm began its publication in Kolkata and has grown to Siliguri, Delhi, and Bhuvaneshwar.
The Statesman has a reported circulation of about 200,000 daily copies, it remains one of India’s most venerated newspapers, and foreign media widely quote its news.
Good About Newspaper
- The newspaper is known to be one of India’s best newspapers for its writing design, which is excellent for serious viewers that never like frilling around and fake information.
- The Statesman is deemed to be one of the most prestigious newspapers.
- Ideal paper for viewers who prefer news presented in concise with no-frills language.
Undoubtedly, it is among the most popular newspapers in the Northeastern region of the country. Also, it is one of the few Indian newspapers that are a part of the reputed team of Asia News Network (ANN).
The Economic Times is an English-language Indian daily newspaper. The newspaper is one of the Largest business & financial newspaper in India. Bennett, Coleman, and the company publish this newspaper.
The Economic Times is just but another subsidiary of the Times group. It is one of the most famous and Best English Newspaper In India for business news.
It is an Indian-based newspaper that has been the first option for business people in India.
The newspaper plays a major role in international businesses and the ongoings of stock markets, making it a vital option for readers to look into regularly.
For those who are keen on learning about the financial condition of Indian or global business, it’s The Economic Times who has to have the upper hand.
It is one of the top business newspapers in the world and is loved by those who are keen on learning more about the subject.
The history of the Economic Times dates back to 1961. The newspaper currently has more than 8 lakh subscribers across India.
The daily content mainly focuses on financial markets, shares, India’s economic situation, commodities, and global finance.
The Salmon crimson paper’s aid portrays the newspaper. The salmon-pink paper characterizes the Economic Times, which was being used right from the start.
The corporate head office of the company is in Mumbai. It has 11 subsidiary offices located in India, including Delhi, Lucknow, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Nagpur, Kolkata, and Chandigarh.
In June 2009, the firm for faculty students started a news channel. The channels give information related to economic facts and fiscal news of the world. The channel is led by the current Executive Editor of The Economic Times i.e Rahul Joshi.
Good About Newspaper
- Ideal newspapers for business news.
- The paper main content is based on financial markets, the Indian economy, International finance shares, commodities, and international finance.
- Most checked out English financial newspaper for the businessmen.
The Telegraph emerges as India’s top 10 English newspapers due to its unique and mostly unbiased news coverage. The newspaper is very famous especially in the eastern states.
The ABP Private Limited owns the newspaper, which started its publications back in 1982 from Kolkata.
Few year after its foundation, the newspaper gained enough goodwill to become the most widely circulated English daily in the eastern region published from Kolkata.
Edwin Taylor, The design director of London’s The Sunday Times, gave the newspaper the standard to control mediocrity and poor performance. The paper is printed by media group Ananda Publishers closely associated with ABP Pvt. Ltd
The news published in paper are from distinct sections including Sports, business, education, politics, lifestyle and entertainment etc..
The Telegraph has five distinct editions and it is printed from Guwahati (to cater to the entire northeast), Siliguri (for North Bengal and Sikkim), Jamshedpur, and Ranchi (for Jharkhand).
- In 2008, with a circulation of 484,971, the Audit Bureau of Circulations certified it to be the fastest-growing daily in eastern India.
- The ABP Group publishes it, and the newspaper competes with The Times of India. The newspaper is ranks at number eight for being the most widely read English newspaper in India as per the Indian Readership Survey (IRS) 2019.
- The newspaper is one of the most widely circulated English newspapers in India.
- A sharp growth is reported in the newspaper’s subscription, and the newspaper is one of the fastest-growing dialing’s in the English language.
- The newspaper has ceased its printing of the Bhubaneshwar & Patna Editions on 14 December 2018.
- As per the survey done in 2008, the Telegraph is the fourth most-widely read English newspaper in India (after Times of India, Hindustan Times and The Hindu) with viewers of 2.9 million.
- In accordance with the survey done by the National Readership Survey (NRS) 2006 * the newspaper has a readership of 746,000 in Calcutta.
- Apart from printing in English, it is also published in Bengali and English periodicals like Anandamela, Unish-Kuri, Sananda, Anandalok, Desh magazine, Businessworld, The Telegraph in Schools and Career.
Good about Newspaper
- The Telegraph has five distinct editions
- Well if you are asking about English word quality than , the Telegraph newspaper will be a good choice.
- The newspaper has added a new 16-page colored section called T2, this section covers Entertainment and lifestyle.
Well, if you are searching for a newspaper for English word quality than, I think the Telegraph is good.
I think if you consider the quality of language then the Hindu and the Telegraph are way ahead.
7. The pioneer
Moving forward with the list of best newspaper in India. Next listed in the list is an English daily i.e The Pioneer.
It is the second oldest English newspaper being printed in India. The newspaper gets printed from Delhi, Lucknow, Bhubaneswar, Dehradun, Kochi, Bhopal and Chandigarh.
The Pioneer was founded in 1865 by George Allen. He has been in the tea business in north-east India.
Mr. Chandan Mitra, the owner and chief editor of this newspaper, is also a member of the Rajya Sabha from Madhya Pradesh.
The principal newspaper concentrates on the pro-right movements that emerge from the urban middle class.
- In 1872, Alfred Sinnett was the the editor of the newspaper. Although he was later to be known for his interest in theosophy, he oversaw the newspaper’s transformation to one of exercising significant influence in British India.
- In 1874, the weekly Pioneer Mail became the Pioneer Mail and India Weekly News and also featured short stories and travel writings.
- Before 1990, this newspaper was the newspaper of Lucknow. After that, the newspaper was taken over by Thapar Group. The newspaper became a national newspaper under the tenure of L. M. Thapar which started being published from Delhi.
- In 2010, The Pioneer started a Hindi version in Lucknow.
Good about Newspaper
- The newspaper is always publishing pro-BJP, nationality, and right-wing ideology.
The Diligent Media Corporation owns the newspaper. The Daily News and Analysis is an Indian tabloid.
The Daily News And Analysis started on July 30, 2005, in Mumba. It is one of the best English-language daily newspaper of India.
Diligent Media Corporation, an Essel Group company, is the owner of the newspaper. Throughout information, perspectives, investigations, and interactivity, the newspaper provides readers with a composite fair picture of the city, the country, and the world.
Good about Newspaper
- It covers the areas of the young generation’s problem and focuses on the issues raised by them.
- The DNA is the second most-read newspaper in Mumbai. The newspaper is the preferred choice of more than 1.5 million people.
- Apart from the print edition, the DNA newspaper is a pioneer newspaper with a responsive and dynamic website.
South India’s most widely read the newspaper. Deccan Chronicle Holdings Ltd owns the newspaper.
Deccan Chronicle begins its operation back in 1938 in Andhra Pradesh. It has expanded its operations to various Tamil Nadu cities, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Kerala, and Karnataka, including Anantapur, Karimnagar, Rajahmundry, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam and Nellore City in Chennai, Andhra Pradesh, and Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu.
10. The Asian Age
Asian Age is the only English newspaper from India to have an international edition. India’s international newspaper published from Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, and London, UK.
The Asian Age English newspaper of India claims to have a readership of more than one million people worldwide, and it also collaborates with several English dailies of the world.